Tuesday, January 7, 2014

One Piece at a Time - Month One

Have you ever felt like a time had come for some change? After seventeen years of marriage and two kids nearing the last few years living at home, I told my husband that I really wanted to start focusing on spending more money on household items. Although he didn't really see the reason in my desires, he sure hasn't complained about the purchases I have made thus far. We have both discussed how we hope to have dinner parties and even small groups of people over once the boys have moved out. I have often discussed that the Cool Whip containers may not function very well as cracker holders and mismatched silverware isn't something I want to put out for our guests. 

During the years with little kids the extra money always seemed to go on items for them. With these same little kids it really didn't seem like a good plan to have expensive furniture, because hours of jumping and rough housing would end up with worn out furniture. Although I consider us very lucky to have the few nice pieces of furniture we do have, when my oldest son graduates in May 2015 I really want to be proud of our house and the items in it for the big party!

One of the best parts about this plan is the hours I get to spend searching for good deals to find perfect items! I have convinced my husband that I will purchase one or two things each month to build our collection of nice household items. I started in December and was able to find some really good deals with all the Christmas specials running. I didn't buy huge items, but to me they were perfect additions to our home! I'm hoping that I will find some big ticket items at great prices and I will plan to share the sites I find some great products on to pass on the amazing deals!

Here are my first two purchases:


                    Meat and cheese tray with slide out storage for spreaders from One Kings Lane
www.onekingslane.com has a huge variety of items on their website! I have a HUGE wish list!!! They have some great specials that are worth checking out!






                                       Personalized Bamboo cutting board from Pick Your Plum
www.pickyourplum.com has daily deals and simply amazing products! You also get a free Laffy Taffy with every order! Who doesn't enjoy that?


2 comments:

  1. I have some favorite cheeses I could bring to try out that cutting board! A bottle of wine, some crackers... sounds like a party to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a party to me too! I felt like such an adult when I was able to put these two items in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete